Is my family data secure? (Yes.)
We understand that parents are entrusting us with their family data and expect us to guard it like our very own. Below is an overview of our system security. If you need further details, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- SSL Encryption: Secure Socket Layer protection (SSL) is provided throughout the site, even on smart phones. (That familiar lock in the web address tells you it's secure.) This ensures data cannot be captured during submission or transfer
- Password Encryption: A unique email and password for administration and parent access is required. All passwords are encrypted so they can't be viewed, copied or retrieved.
- Backups: To eliminate the risk of losing data, we use 3 levels of backup: real-time, 8 hour delay and nightly.
- Controlled access: Unlike some systems that allow parents to self register to gain access, our solution is by invitation only. Your school administrator must approve new families, controls who has access and can remove access at any time.
- Secure servers: The servers are located in a secured building protected 24/7 by armed security personnel. In addition, the servers are protected from Brute Force entry with specialized software (RDPGuard) and strong usernames / password.
- Server access is restricted to our application's IP addresses. This ensures that outside programs and "bots" trying to gain access to the database will instantly be rejected.